Monday, May 6, 2013

I'm gonna get lost and I'm gonna have to sit near a crazy on the subway.

Okay so I'm not going to pretend like I'm a city savvy girl. I have only visited NYC a handful of times outside of supervised field trips in middle school to Ellis Island and the like.

I have a serious problem with directions. Following directions. Like maps.
I am directionally impaired. I could drive around in circles all day looking for something thats right in front of me. I get serious anxiety about getting lost. Like I will take the route that tacks on 20 minutes to my commute because I am familiar with it. And even when I am familiar with a route there is still a good chance that I will find a way to get lost.
Needless to say I am terrified of using the subway system. It's one thing to be lost in the safety of my car with 2 GPS devices, but its a whole other thing to be lost on foot AND underground!
Maybe I'm not giving myself enough credit. I did spend a semester in Prague, Czech Republic and not only did not speak, understand or read the language, everyone there hated American students. So even when I found someone who spoke a little bit of English, it was still very difficult to get them to even talk to you. I survived that. I took trams, subways, and walked around an underdeveloped Eastern European country by myself and didn't die. I can do this right? At least I speak the language in New York.
Anyway, besides my deathly fear of getting lost I am nervous and excited to see all kinds of new things. This included good things, bad things, weird things, freaky things, funny things, and basically any other kind of thing you could think of. This being said, I did some research. I looked for things that I can only hope to see on some of my adventures in the city.

This is my kinda chick. She is hungry and doesn't care who knows it. And she is not about to sacrifice eating healthy or delicious food just because she is on the subway. Go 'head gurl.


I wonder what his bunny's name is?




Illegal Massage eh? I was hoping to fall back on that if times get tough and this new job doesn't work out. Shoot.


Only 2 Damn Dollas. I can afford that.

Although I can not take credit for any of these awesome photos, I sure hope that in due time I will have some doozies of my own to share with you. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we will get the call today to tell us our apartment is ready to be moved in to!
Until then...

Peace, Love, and Crazy People
Chels

No comments: