Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Like I promised

   Alright so I am gonna kick off this "hump day" the right way by telling you what I believe is a hilarious story. I hope this isn't one of those things that 'you had to be there for' because it would be creepy if you were in bed with me and J every night. 

     As I mentioned in my last post, J does some seriously weird shit in his sleep. Eating is his favorite but talking about crazy stuff is his next choice. I am going to tell you about my favorite middle of the night conversation.
2:30 am...on a weeknight....which means we went to bed relatively sober many many hours ago.

J: mrrrm mrrrm mrrr 
Me: what?
J: (rolling back and forth- clearly restless)
J: Chels
Me: what??
J:I mrrrm mrrmm mmrrrr
Me: seriously...what?!
J: It's just too hard to do...
Me: What's too hard to do? J, what are you talking about? Are you okay?
J: (sits straight up in bed) Making tents out of cantaloupe skins is just really hard to do.

silence.....

Me: tents? cantaloupe skins? what are you saying you crazy?!
J: It's okay...mrrrm mrrrm (rolls over and begins to snore)

And because I am used to this type of thing, I roll over and as I try to settle back to sleep all I can think is that yeah...man it would be really hard to make tents out of cantaloupe skins....

WEIRD.

Who dreams of things like this? What could have possibly been running through his subconscious for him to be thinking of such a thing?
J of course has no memory of this conversation in the morning. He laughs and tries to say no, theres no way I said that. HA. yes you did. and now everyone in the whole wide world wide web knows!
Don't worry, theres plenty more where this story came from, this is just the tip of the middle of the night crazy talk iceberg. Until then enjoy your hump day, I know I will.

Peace, Love, and Cantaloupe skins
Chels

No comments: