Sunday, June 2, 2013

I think I was born for NYC: Part 2


I am finally posting part 2 of my big move to NYC! I know I have been here for 2 weeks now, and I should have probably posted this sooner….oh well, I’ve been a busy city gal. Okay, so my first day of work was a success. J was still here with me so he rode the subway with me to work to make sure I got there okay and on time. I was nervous that I would be late so we left super super early. We stopped for breakfast and ended up having like an hour to kill before I had to be at work. I told you we left early! Anyway we hung out in a little cafĂ© that was on the way to work sipping coffee and people watching.

So besides people watching I was dog watching of course. So I have always lived somewhere where there was a backyard or an open field for our dog to run around in and…well…poop. Seeing dogs in the city just squat in the middle of a crowded sidewalk and poop is something I don’t know if I will ever get used to! It seems so sad to me. They can’t even pee on the trees along the sidewalk because they are all fenced off! It’s crazy. These dogs just poop on the sidewalk! Or in the street! It’s weird.

Anyway, back to work. Everyone was really nice. I have a pretty big desk and a great computer.  I was worried about what I would do for lunch, seeing how I don’t know anyone yet and I don’t know of any good places to go eat, but it worked out. The owner was turning 50 that day so they had a little lunch party for him. They ordered tons of little sliders and salads and we all ate together, which was perfect.
J came and picked me up from work when I was done and we went out to dinner and to have a beer to celebrate my successful first day.

My celebratory beer after my first day!


At the subway stop after work getting ready to come home. I did it!
It was sad leaving for work the next morning because I knew J was leaving. But I made it to work just fine all by myself and when I got home these were waiting for me. Awww.


Beautiful surprise flowers J left for me
So all in all my first week was a success. I made it to and from work just fine. I love my job and the people who work there. I love the city. I feel as if I have become very brave and although it has been tough without J here, I feel as though it’s been good for me, a good reminder that I am very capable of doing big things. I am very brave. This is just the beginning of this wonderful and exciting next chapter of my life. J moves in for good this Friday and I am very excited. I missed him terribly! I feel all citi-fied now and I am ready to show him the ropes ;)

Well, now that I have reassured everyone that I made it through my first week and  talked about all of the boring but necessary stuff, my posts from here on out will be much more exciting and entertaining, I promise!

Peace, Love, and Dogs who Poop on the Sidewalk,
Chels

No comments: