Friday, October 12, 2012

Chicken and Waffles, Hermit Crabs, and Pumpkins...a lot has happened since I posted last.

So much to talk about. It's been like a whole month since I last posted...that's a long time.
It is now October. It has been busy busy! I am going to cut right to the chase and talk about all of the things that have been going on lately.

My cousin got married. She looked amazing, but more importantly the reception rocked my socks off. Open bar the. whole. time. Amazing food. Not a lot of speeches and no toasts. I mean don't get me wrong I love weddings and all that lovey dovey stuff but once I am at the reception and I have kicked off my shoes, I am not trying to have anyone interrupt my drunken dance moves to watch 28 couples I don't know all get their own time to dance. Or to try and catch a stupid bunch of flowers. Or watch the groom put on a show taking the garter off of the brides leg, even though we all know they live together and have been banging it out since their third date 6 years ago. Lets cut to the chase, in this order: 
cocktails, food, cocktails, dancing, cocktails, dancing, cocktails...you get the rest.
But seriously their wedding was great. They had chicken and waffles with hot sauce for their appetizer. The brides drink of choice was Dogfish Head Punkin Ale with a cinnamon sugar rim. And she didn't toss the bouquet or do the dumb garter thing. Right. It kicked all other weddings asses. 
Before the wedding. Pre-chicken and waffles and beer.
This is apparently one of the dance moves I mentioned above.....
Next thing. I made a chicken. Well, I cooked a chicken. I fancy myself a pretty good cook when it comes to throwing things together with whatever random crap I have in the fridge. Planning and measuring are not my thing when it comes to cooking so following a recipe is challenging for me. Cooking meat is also challenging. But check out mah chicken!

I was very proud. So proud I took a picture of a cooked chicken and posted it on Instagram and now I am posting it here. I am clearly needing someone to acknowledge how great my chicken looks. This means you.
J and I walked down to our little beach the other night and I was of course looking for treasure like I usually do, when I found an awesome shell. It was like a giant snail shell. I wanted to bring it home but thought better of it because a few weeks before this I did bring home a giant shell that looked like a snail shell and on my walk back a long claw reached out and touch my finger. Uh yeah. I FREAKED out as you can imagine. It was a hermit crab. I took it back to the beach right away. This is why I decided not to bring this shell home...even though it looked empty, because the first shell looked empty too and then a crab touched me.

Anyway, I told J about this incident and why I didn't think we should bring this shell home. But when we walked into the front door J reaches in his pocket and pulled out the giant snail shell thing!  He sneakily brought it home. He said he liked it and he was sure there was not crab in it. Then he rinsed it off in the sink and apparently the HERMIT CRAB LIVING INSIDE OF IT didn't like that and reached his long claw out and scared the crap out of J. He never listens to me. 
Long story short we now had a pet hermit crab.
Meet Shell Dwell. J named him.
I looked online the next morning to find out what we could feed him, and it said you can never keep an aquatic hermit crab (which he apparently was) because the need to be in fresh salt water at all times or they will be dying a slow painful death for a few days before they dry up and fall out of their shell.
Say what!? 
We immediately rushed him to the beach the next morning and set him free. We do not want to have a dead aquatic hermit crab on our conscious.
Long story short, we now do not have a pet hermit crab.

So I saw thing thing online. This thing is a wine rack. I reallllllly wanted it but it was kind of expensive. I asked J if he could make it for me and he said yes! And he did. This is my new super awesome wine rack.
You are probably thinking I stole this picture off of Pinterest or some other awesome site. But I did not. I only stole the idea and everyone knows there is not such thing as intellectual property. So there. J really made it for me. I stained it. WINE :)
Okay, so my last thing to tell you is that I am pumped about fall. The weather has been super gorg and I have been drinking pumpkin lattes and sippin on pumpkin beer, and burning pumpkin candles and buying pumpkins. Yeah. I also made a fall-y wreath for our front door. 
Fall-y wreath.

J and I also bought bales of hay and gourds and decorated the front of our little home last night. I hope we get trick-or-treaters :) I want to see cute kids in costumes, J wants them to come so as I am handing out candy he can sneak up behind me and pretend to kill me. He basically wants to see how many little princesses and batmen he can make pee in their costumes. I think he's gonna be a good dad someday right?


Okay. Thats whats been happenin. I will try to be better about posting so I don't have to post a billion randoms pictures I had on my phone all at once.

Peace, Love, and Pumpkins,
Chels





2 comments:

PJ said...

Haha Chels, I loved your entry. Your chicken looks awesome and J is an incredibly gifted wine holder maker

Karen M. said...

Beautiful chicken and beautiful dance moves, what a talented woman you are my darling